We know that applying for a new job at any company requires trust. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply to Koch. Here are a few resources that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Koch.
- View our Linkedin ->https://www.linkedin.com/company/koch-auto-group
- Read our Core Values -> https://kochauto.com/koch-core-values/
- View our corporate website -> https://kochauto.com/
- Listen to our Podcast -> https://koch.to/podcast
- Check us out on Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/kochautogroup
Who Are We?
We're Koch, an Auto Group from Canada! We made waves as the first OEM dealer to offer Canadians an automotive e-commerce experience. We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and accurate. Small groups mean less bureaucracy, less management, and more getting things done.
Do you check your GitHub more than your Twitter? Are you actively looking for ways to improve the Front-end UX? If the answer is yes, then please read on.
We are looking for a Front End Developer. You will work on our marketing websites using the Shopify Plus platform. The Front End Developer will be responsible for front end web design. You will be building, updating, and optimizing web pages while maintaining brand consistency across all websites. Front End Developers will work alongside the Lead Developer and Graphic Designer.
This is a fully remote position, allowing you to work from anywhere. The right candidate will be a professional capable of completing projects on time, working well with others, and great communication. It would be best if you craved setting your own course. At Koch, things move quickly, and meetings can occur randomly. You always have complete control of your day, but you need to make things happen without someone directing you.
What You'll Do.
- Participate scrum meetings
- Front-End Web Development for multiple eCommerce websites
- Perform all activities in the software development life cycle (Plan, Implement, Test, Document, Deploy, Maintain)
- Translating designs and prototypes into working, production quality code
- Utilizing GitHub with the Lead Developer to track and submit code changes to new and existing projects
- Work with other departments (Marketing, Sales, Fleet, Service) and transform business requests into solutions, under the direction of the Lead Developer
- Support UX design improvements and implementations
- Troubleshoot and develop bug fixes
- Communicate progress updates to the Technology Team through Discord and Clubhouse
- Collaborate with the Technology Team by participating in code reviews, sharing knowledge and brainstorming projects
What You Will Need To Succeed.
- Experience as a front-end developer within a Ruby or Shopify environment
- CSS, SCSS
- Experience with a version-control system like Git or similar
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
Nice To Have, But Okay If You Don't.
- Automotive experience
- Experience with development in Shopify
- Experience with cloud platforms: Heroku, AWS
What We Need From You.
- Share your Git profile with us
Our Tech Stack.
- Shopify Plus
Applying Is Simple.
We will only consider qualified candidates. If this is you, send us a one-page resume and the following questions:
- What is your Git URL profile (GitHub etc.)
- You're welcome to include a cover letter if you'd like, but it is not necessary.
That's all you gotta do!